Highly experienced Senior Application Developer with proven abilities in usability/interface design, modernization of existing systems and process improvement.
· Software and web development, UI design, web technologies, multi-layered problem solving with technical writing, insurance industry, publishing industry and HIPAA knowledge.
· Multilingual (English, Swedish, German)
· Honored by IBM as multiple year IBM Champion for ICS (IBM Collaborative Solutions)
· Designed and developed Domino-based claim system to process insurance claims across ten branch offices.
· Developed Notes/Domino based mission critical business applications including data extraction, graphics processing and integration with different internal systems along with outside vendors including SalesForce.
· Integrate systems using technologies such as (but not limited to) web services, REST, Ajax and COM, RSS feed, KML and iCal formats, as well as XML.
· Architected a public database-driven website for PC World Latin America using HTML, CSS and IBM Domino.
· Developed archive of all historical articles published for global publishing house.
· Engineered a medical record SaaS application to custom specification for use by specialized medical providers using Bootstrap, JQuery, Ajax, JSON and Domino backend.
· Redesigned existing workflows, increasing efficiency by 80-90% over previous manual processing times, significantly exceeding goals set by management.
COLLABORATION AND MANAGEMENT
· Engineered a streamlined graphics processing process for global publishing company.
· Implemented two-way data exchange between various systems.
· Developed a billing system workflow including statement generation, automated printing for mailing, email notification and PDF storage in the proper file.
· Worked with stake holders to create detailed specifications for approval before the design process begins.
· Created technical specifications for offshore development teams, managed the team and reviewed the code.
· Trained and advised users, advocated best practices and resolved issues.
· Developed a web based knowledge base for users, along with an intranet portal.
· Identified needs and wrote specifications for externally developed applications, communicating with outside developers and managing the process all the way through to reviewing the code and deploying it.
· Adapted legacy databases to state-of-the-art responsive web applications as well as hybrid mobile applications.
Lead Developer & Founder | Demand Better Solutions, Dallas TX 2013-
Sr. Technical Consultant | The Vested Group, Plano, TX 2016-
Sr. Applications Developer | Deep South Insurance, Irving TX 2002-2016
Sr. Lotus Notes/Domino Developer | International Data Group, Boston MA 1998-2002
Journalist and Tech Editor | International Data Group, Sweden 1993-1997
Voice Response/Audiotex Developer | Esselte Voice Equipment, Sweden 1991-1992
· Redesigned the main intranet website/application used by thousands of journalists world-wide.
· Modernized the editorial workflow and publishing system for international publishing house.
· Delivered presentations at national and regional conferences to educate professionals and administrators on how to utilize modern web technologies together with existing legacy systems to deliver state of the art user experiences without rewriting the backend.
Support Engineer | Microsoft, Sweden 1988-1990
Alliant Insurance | San Diego, CA 2016-
QBE Insurance | San Diego, CA 2016-
Qualified Specialists Incorporated | Houston, TX 2016
DBS | Dallas, TX 2013-2015
Doe Anderson Marketing | Louisville, KY 2009
City of Waxahachie on behalf of Cameo Software | Waxahachie, TX 2002-2004
Computer Sweden Magazine | Stockholm, Sweden 2000-2002
City of Stockholm (Social Services Division) | Stockholm, Sweden 1989
Dallas County Community College District | Dallas, TX
Classes in C# and ADO.Net
Bandhagens Gymnasium (Equivalent to Junior College) | Sweden
Equivalent of US Associate in Computer Science & Programming Graduation: 1990
Hersby Skola (Equivalent to STEM College Preparatory High School + 1st year college) | Sweden
Science/STEM (Science Technology Engineering & Math) Graduation: 1988
· Systems Programming & Computer Sciences, focused on C and Unix.
· MS-DOS, Windows and OS/2
· Pascal, dBase, Cobol, Assembler, and networking
· Advanced math, computer science, physics, chemistry and biology
· Majored in Computer Sciences